Halo Neuroscience is a start up whose first product is Halo Sport. Halo Sport is a brain stimulator that helps you develop muscle memory faster. It looks like a normal pair of headphones but within the headband is the brain stimulating technology. Halo Sport works by applying a small electric current to the area of the brain that controls movement, putting it into a state of hyper-learning.
As Design Director, I have built Halo's design function, and led the team's strategic efforts to meet the goals of the business across:
- Software product design
- Marketing support and our website
- Brand development and photography style
Below is an overview of our work.
As Design Director I collaborate with software lead and the CEO to define how to meet the goals of the business through the strategic direction of our software product, then working with my design team and the software team would translate these needs into prioritized projects.
- Introduced a regular process of user research and testing as a tool to refine our strategic planning of the road map
- Increased engagement through content and user histories
- Improved app store ratings from below 2 (both platforms) to 4.6 on the App Store and a 4+ on the Play Store
Website and Marketing support
In collaboration with the marketing team, my team provides solutions to the marketing design needs from a strategic perspective. Understanding the short and long term objectives and helping to define problem statements are key parts of our process as we contribute to campaign work and continued optimization of our website.
- Increased brand awareness
- Improved speed and efficiency of iteration by creating a modular design system leading to increased cost savings
- Regular usabilty testing and improvements contributed to increased conversion rate of organic traffic 12% YoY (18-19)
Brand development and photography style
Halo is performance company with a mission to champion human potential. I led the effort to establish a photography style that is consistent with that tone and message.